Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Loathe List #1

Two posts in 24 hours people. A new record for me, but I must share because I am about to explode. If I don't have a chance to rant and rave and get this off my chest somehow, I might scream out loud sitting at my desk at work. Here is a visual:


Like I said in my first post, I am sure at times I will use this blog to vent. Here it is. I will borrow this idea from my friends Cristina and Katie, and begin creating a loathe list. 

Here is #1: I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY SOME ENJOY HURTING OTHER PEOPLE'S FEELINGS AND/OR DELIBERATELY RUINING THEIR DAY.

Yes, I am definitely a sensitive sally, so I am trying to practice letting things go, but sometimes I don't get how people can just go on living their day with a smile on their face when they deliberately ruined someone else's. I have a few recent accounts of this happening to me and today is one of them. 

I got my first parking ticket. Was it deserved? Let's just say I knew I was pushing my luck having been squeezing into this extra small parking spot for the last two days. It was one of those bad boys that says you can't park past the sign... well, there was definitely a space big enough for a car, but my boyfriend added this monster grill guard to his truck so he could meat out and run things over. So Cool. Anyway, about 1/4 of the truck (the ticket says 1/2 the truck, but it was definitely not 1/2) was past the no parking sign, so I wasn't completely surprised when I saw the little sucker hanging on my windshield.


BUT THEN... scribbled at the bottom of the ticket were the abbrev. words that took a phone call with my dad to figure out what it actually said, "Compl. cal'd iN"
HA!!! SOMEONE CALLED IN TO COMPLAIN THAT A TRUCK WAS PARKED 1/4 OF THE WAY BEHIND A NO PARKING SIGN?? REALLYY?? Obviously, I couldn't find a spot buddy, so I was squeezing in wherever I could, otherwise I wouldn't have risked parking 1/4 of the way behind the sign so that someone who wanted to ruin someone else's day could call and complain. I wasn't hurting anyone, or bothering anyone. If anything, I was being a good samaritan and making room for as many cars to find a parking spot as possible. 

Well there goes $30 to the City of Austin, among the many other taxes and bills I paid this month. $30 that could have been well spent on beverages to make me feel better tonight. Hope the squealer feels better about himself now. Then again, the truck is not even mine... so maybe if I just ignore the ticket it will go away? Not like William ever reads my blog anyway... so he'll never know :) tee hee.

enjoy life. keep loving. and don't destroy the pretty things for others by deliberately ruining their day! -n

No comments:

Post a Comment