Monday, November 8, 2010

Scarves, Hoods and Hats (Oh My!)

I work for wedding coordinator extrodanaire's at Caplan Miller Events who asked me to make an appearance as a guest blogger on the CME blog. My initial reaction was, who me? I just do this blogging thing for fun... and now I have to do it for real? Oh, and it gets better... I was instructed to guest blog about fashion. Just so we are clear here the only real fashion sense I have comes from my roommates closets, but I agreed nervously and here it is. You can also check it out on the CME Blog too!

November is here, it’s finally starting to feel like fall, and I am welcoming it with open arms (and a scarf around my neck)! The chill is in the air, and one of the most essential and affordable fashion-do’s for just about any outfit this season is a scarf. Whatever shape, size or style you choose, it is an easy statement piece that is versatile and most importantly, affordable. Even better, a scarf always fits, no matter how many White Chocolate Peppermint Mocha's you throw back! The options are endless, but the most challenging part is figuring out how to wear it. Admit it ladies, how many times have you stood in front of the mirror in countless head bobs in an attempt to tie it around your neck just right? No fear! Guest blogger, NG is here! As a serial scarf wearer myself, I thought I would share with you a few of the sexy and simple ways to string your scarves this season:

1) The No-Tie Tie
Long scarves are the rage, and it doesn’t get any easier than this. Just drape it around your neck and presto scarf-o! It’s great to wear when you have on a necklace or you want to break up a monochromatic outfit with a pop of color.
2) The Simple Knot Tie
Drape your scarf around your neck and tie a simple knot (like the first step of tying your shoes.) You can do this people! Now rearrange the tails to drape one in front of the other instead of them lying side to side.
Perfect for a casual outfit, to spice up a t-shirt and jeans.

3) The Backward Tie
Drape a scarf backwards around your neck with the center against your throat and tails over your shoulders. Take the tail over your right shoulder and bring it across your back and over your left shoulder, so it falls down the left side of your chest. Repeat with the opposite side.
Wear instead of a necklace – or my specialty – when you spill something down the front of your shirt!
4) The Belted Scarf
I have seen this fashion all over the runways recently. Wear a scarf long enough to be tucked into your belt at your hips. The winter prints this season are flowers, animal print and plaid. The must have colors are mustard, army green, orange and blue.

5) The Slip Knot Tie
Fold the scarf in half and drape around your neck so both tails hang over one shoulder, and the folded center over the other shoulder. Open up the folded center to create a buttonhole that you can thread the tails through.
This is a great look with your hair up, big earrings, or when it's just plain cold outside.



Tie Away,
~n

No comments:

Post a Comment